If you ever want to seriously impress someone or your stomach, make these cookies. They're salty and sweet, and make a sick ice cream (gelato) cookie sandwich. Please stop whatever you are doing and go make these.
VANILLA SEA SALT PECAN COOKIES
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp. Sicilian sea salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 stick + 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, oats, sea salt, and pecans.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until melted. Add vanilla. Let simmer to develop the buttery goodness.
- Heat 2 tbsp. water in microwave until boiling.
- In a small bowl, mix together baking soda and water.
- Quickly add butter from saucepan and mix together (the mixture will foam up, this is good!)
- Add butter and baking soda mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Form dough into ping pong sized balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350.
- BONUS: After cooling, spread a dollop of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato on one cookie and squish another cookie on top. Enjoy and then thank the baking gods for making the combination of butter, flour, and sugar taste so good.